Amaze Your Family When You Show Them The Many Places To Visit In Rhode Island
Be sure and check out all the places to visit in Rhode Island below:
Rhode Island is by far the smallest of the U.S. states. However, it packs a wallop when it comes to visiting different attractions and sites. There is an extensive list of different things you can do and see when you come to Rhode Island for a visit.
Here are just several of the best and most unique things to experience and places to visit in Rhode Island when you come here either by yourself or for a family vacation:
1. Take a ride of the Blackstone Valley Explorer, a riverboat that accommodates 49 passengers. It offers a 45-minute narrated cruise of the Blackstone River, the cradle of Americas Industrial Revolution. This is designated to be an American Heritage River. This is just one of the great places to visit in Rhode Island.
2. Where else can you take a ride on a hand-carved carousel for only a quarter these days? Come to Slater Memorial Park in Pawtucket and there you can ride the Looff Carousel. It was built by Charles I.D. Looff, a Danish immigrant, more than 105 years ago.
3. Are you a real golfing enthusiast? While visiting Harrisville, you must play a round or two of golf at the Crystal Lake Golf Club which has been ranked as one of the top 100 golf courses to play in New England for 2004,2005 and 2006. For the avid golfer, this is a MUST on the list of places to visit in Rhode Island.
4. If you want to feast your eyes on some of the most exotic animals from all over the world, then Abrams Animal Farm is a perfect place for a family outing. Here you can see such exotic animals as llamas, fainting goats, Indian runner ducks, a huge Scottish Highland steer, Sicilian donkeys, emus and more.
5. Come to the Blithewold Mansion, Gardens and Arboretum in Bristol. This is a mansion that was built in the turn-of-the-century and is situated on 33 acres overlooking Narragansett Bay.
You can enjoy the breathtaking beauty of the gardens which offer 50,000 flowering bulbs, a Japanese water garden as well as an exotic bamboo stand. There are many special gardening events that take place here during the year. This is truly one of the most beautiful places to visit in Rhode Island.
6. Here on the Woonasquatucket River a small part of Venice comes to life. This river meanders through WaterPlace Park in downtown Providence. You can take a ride on an authentic Venetian gondola through the heart of Providence. Gondoliers welcome groups, wine, cameras and joviality.
7. The people who run the Providence Childrens Museum are at the very top in their field. This museum is particularly designed for children between the ages of 1 and 11. This museum features many educational and fun hands-on exhibits such as a time-traveling adventure and a hands-on geometry lab. You will find plenty to do with your young family members at this fascinating place!
8. If you love to ride on the carousel, then this is an antique that has impeccable artistry. You must simply come to take a spin on the Flying Horse Carousel in Watch Hill. It has 20 horses that are all hand-carved, and all of them have real horsehair tails and manes, agate eyes and leather saddles.
These are just some of the sites to feast your eyes on and places to visit in Rhode Island when you come here for your next vacation. You are certain to have a memorable experience!